Risk Assessment & Remediation of Contaminated Sites
In making a risk assessment of a location prior to development or acquisition, Aurora Environmental can determine whether there are any concealed site risks, and if so, devise, budget and, where necessary, implement appropriate remediation strategies for contaminated sites.
Where contamination is known to have occurred on an active site, or subsequent to a spill or discharge event, Aurora will mobilise resources rapidly to minimise damage, contain pollutants and protect groundwater resources.
In those areas of the state with naturally occurring acid sulfate soils, any development brings with it the risk of releasing contaminants into the environment. Aurora is highly experienced in not only assessing the risks associated with activity involving these soils, but also in devising innovative and cost-effective management techniques.
Risk Assessment & Remidation of Contaminated Site services include:
- Sampling and analysis of soil, groundwater and soil vapour
- Preliminary and detailed site investigations
- Groundwater monitoring
- All aspects of environmental radiation and contamination monitoring and sampling in accordance with Radiation Management Plans
- Waste characterisation, waste management and disposal
- Remediation plans
- Supervision of site remediation works
- Soil remediation and management
- Management of environmental approvals.