GINGIN REGIONAL LANDFILL – NOTIFICATION OF RESPONSE TO PUBLIC SUBMISSIONS – EPBC 2015/7621
In accordance with Section 95B(2) of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation (EPBC) Act 1999, Aurigen Group Ltd gives notice of the publication of the following documents:
- EPBC Referral and supporting documentation (dated 9 December 2015);
- Letter response by Aurora Environmental (dated 22 March 2017) in relation to the Minister’s request under sub-section 95A(2) for additional information relating to the action; and
- Letter by Aurora Environmental (dated 5 May 2017), consistent with sub-section 95B (1), summarising the submission received during public advertising and providing the Proponent’s response in relation to the submission.
Aurigen Group advises that the above information relates to the potential impact on Black Cockatoos associated with the development on Lot 98 Wannamal Road South, Cullalla for the purposes of constructing a landfill, approximately 100km north of Perth. The proposed action is a ‘controlled action’ under the EPBC Act. The controlling provisions under Part 3 of the Act are Sections 18 and 18A, listed threatened species and communities: Carnaby’s Black Cockatoos (Calyptorhynchus latirostris).
The documents will be available for 10 business days and can be viewed electronically at www.auroraenvironmental.com.au or in person at the following locations:
- Office of the Environmental Protection Authority Library – The Atrium, 168 St George’s Terrace Perth WA
- Shire of Gingin Library, 7 Brockman Street, Gingin WA
Persons with special needs (i.e. for whom English is a second language or who have vision impairment) may contact Paul Zuvela via the details below.
2 Bulwer Street
PERTH WA 6000
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on the links below to download the documents: