Contaminated Site Investigations, Pesticide Manufacturing Facility, Kwinana
Project: Pesticide Manufacturing Facility, Kwinana
Service: Contaminated Site Investigation
Aurora carried out a contaminated site investigation at the subject site. It has been operated as an agricultural chemical formulation and distribution centre since the mid 1960s with historical activities resulting in soil and groundwater impacts. The most notable is the presence of a large (60 ha) groundwater plume which has expanded from the site and affected surrounding industrial properties.
Aurora Environmental was engaged to provide strategic advice in relation to an initial classification by the DER under the Contaminated Sites Act 2003. Aurora Environmental assisted the client during an appeal of the classification to the Contaminated Sites Committee and negotiation with the DER which ultimately resulted in the classification being amended from “contaminated – remediation required” to “possibly contaminated – investigation required”. Aurora Environmental was also engaged to undertake staged investigations into the site’s contamination issues for the purpose of reclassifying the Site, using a risk-based strategy and methodologies which saved the client considerable money and provided increased certainty. All of Aurora Environmental’s work to date has been reviewed and approved by a Contaminated Sites Auditor.
Key services provided:
- Undertaking preliminary and detailed contaminated site investigation assessing organic chemicals including petroleum hydrocarbons fuels and solvents, chlorinated phenols, phenoxyacetic herbicides, organochlorine pesticides, dioxins and furans and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Groundwater investigation design and implementation.
- Site management plan preparation.
- Development of a hydrogeological conceptual model and detailed hydrogeological assessment. Indoor air sampling.
- Risk Assessment
- Liaison with the surrounding industry, regulator and appointed contaminated sites auditor.
For further project information contact Brad Dermody on email@example.com or direct on 0448 833 943.