Acid Sulfate Soils and Dewatering Management Plan, Aubin Grove Train Station
Project: Acid Sulfate Soils and Dewatering Management Plan, Aubin Grove Train Station
Client: Georgiou Group Pty Ltd on behalf of Perth Transport Authority
Service: Acid Sulfate Soils (ASS) and Dewatering Management
The Georgiou Group Pty Ltd were commissioned by the Perth Transport Authority to undertake earthworks and construction for development of the Aubin Grove train station, immediately north of the intersection of Russell Road and the Kwinana Freeway in Success. The Aubin Grove train station itself was located in the centre of the Kwinana Freeway, immediately north of Russell Road. To the east and west of the freeway, the station is connected to entrance buildings by overpasses. The development provides 2,000 car parking bays and a bus interchange.
Tasks undertaken included:
- Desktop and field assessment to characterise the presence and distribution of ASS at the site.
- Analysis of soil samples by either Chromium Reducible Sulfur suite (CRS) or Suspended Peroxide Oxidation Combined Acidity Suspension (SPOCAS).
- Preparation of an ASS and Dewatering Management Plan (ASSMP).
- Preparation of a Dewatering Licence Application.
For further information on this project please contact:
Phone: (08) 9227 2600
- Groundwater monitoring
- Stakeholder engagement and negotiations